A big hello to you all at the outset …
I am a Senior Indian HR professional with close to 20 years of rich corporate exposure. Recently, I am being offered a job in Lagos, Nigeria. Well, I have no question about the organization as it is known to me and it is indeed a big MNC, widely reputed. Friends I am also aware about Nigerian Social infrastructure and other unwanted disturbances may cause trouble. I would not like to bother you to raise those issues. My enquiries are as followings:
1. Please let me know what would be the monthly expenses behind food per month for 2 adults? I can understand this varies depending on individuals. But to have a standard daily living what is required?
2. If we plan to go out inside Nigeria for 2-3 days what could the cost?
3. If we need to dine outside in a good restaurant once in week, what would be the cost?
4. What could be the cost of garments? I mean, any idea about shopping (minimum, as again it depends on individual) cost, if we do shopping once in month, I am talking about purchasing garments.
5. What is the cost of petrol/diesel out there?
6. Any idea about cost of electronics goods?
7. Monthly electricity cost
8. Monthly Gas Charge
9. Monthly mobile charge
10. Well, if an employer provides all required in a month (like, Furnished House + Car with driver & oil + Maids + Electricity + Gas + Water Charge + Laundry + Journals, periodicals + may be all others), then also how much USD or Local currency is required to have in hand on monthly basis?
Thanking you in advance.