• You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • AWmummy 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Calling all families,

I was hoping someone could take time out and offer us some family advice please. We have a 3 year old and a 12 year old and are looking to move to Malta from northwest England UK within the next year or so. Could someone please let us know how they managed to settle a family, find work and make a new home? how stressful is it going to be and how much time will our children be out of school during the transition? Infact how long will the transition period be on average? oh so many questions i know. sorry.

I lived in Malta when i was 21-22 but it was easy as it was just me! 15 years on i'm desperate to return but need to make sure it's as smooth as possible for my family.

Axx
Can't decide when to time your currency exchange transaction? Let OzForex help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • halljenw 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi, my family and I moved out here only last month from West Yorkshire. I have two children aged 5 & 9, and they finished school in England as they broke up for Easter holidays. I have spent the past 2 weeks back & forth to various depts, but they finally start school tomorrow. Stressful - yes afraid so. However, all in all, taking into account the Easter holidays they will have only missed about a week and half. Out of everything, I think getting the car sorted out is being the hardest, and this is still in process! My husband is at work during the day so it has been down to me to sort all the red-tape/legal stuff out for us all. We are living in Qawra, lots of expats and the school is supposed to be really good. Hope this is a bit helpful.
Check out British Expat's business and travel eBooks on ErgoGuides.com!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • gozomark 
  • Site Admin 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Thanks for a useful first post halljenw, and welcome to the forum Smile

Several members have registered cars recently, and have posted on the motoring forum
Show your support for Gozo SPCA by joining them on Facebook
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • halljenw 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Thanks for that GozoMark. Yes, I have read all of the info on the Motoring forums which has been very helpful. Hopefully I will be sorted cum this time next week.
Have you signed up for the British Expat newsletter?
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Top-selling Amazon paperbacks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.