Latest Comments on British Expat Website Posts -

• You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • pictou 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
My wife and I are moving from canada to Malta this late spring (I know we are not British-technically speaking that is). We will be bringing a 3 month old baby with us and are planning on renting in the Sliemma. I am working in Libya and commuting every second week is the plan.

I know many of these things have been addressed and I have spent the day reveiwing all interesting posts on this board but so many are old.
My questions are these:
We aren't used to the European way of life in that stores are not obvious and are often hidden or basic shopping requires multiple stops...where would be the best place to get baby supplies in our area? Diapers, etc...? We wont be driving since it is the wrong side for us.
Also things like cribs, changing tables and the like? I was considering bringing them as luggage from Libya as surely they are cheaper there but what opinions do you have?
Are there any groups for new mothers there? I am concerned my wife will be lonely and a little bit in cutlure shock so any support would be great for her.
Any other general baby advice that we might find helpful?
We will have health insurance but is there specific health care available for children?

I got lots of other questions but i noticed the site administrator is a bit militant about posting so rather than putting all my questions in 1 I will find appropriate places in the other sections.

Thanks in advance for your help
Visit Not Delia for recipes, food news and reviews!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • ann c 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi pictou. Diapers (or nappies as we call them) are available in the larger supermarkets. For baby supplies, cots etc I have seen a branch of Mothercare in Sliema. I do not know how the prices compare to Canada or indeed UK as like I have said in another post my youngest is 19 so it is a while since I have been in a Mothercare shop!!!
Fixing up a house for sale? HouseWiz can help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • gozomark 
  • Site Admin 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
pictou wrote:I got lots of other questions but i noticed the site administrator is a bit militant about posting so rather than putting all my questions in 1 I will find appropriate places in the other sections.

not militancy, but very sensible rules Very Happy - as you will see, you are getting replies to your separately posted questions - if they are all in one posting they tend to get ignored as its too daunting to answer loads in one go - it also means the answers you receive are more likely to be useful to subsequent users
Premium members enjoy a lot more benefits on British Expat
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • pictou 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Ha ha...I actually agree...I had just read one post by someone or other and the Admin guy (Dave I think) had written a pretty rude response about the rules...right or wrong it could have been handled better...but yes I agree with the premise totally!
Check out British Expat's business and travel eBooks on ErgoGuides.com!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Top-selling Amazon paperbacks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.