• You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • sirgeorge 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Anyone know any good mother & baby/toddler groups in Malta?
If you're going to buy or book online, please help this site by using our affiliate links.
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • mumbles 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi there! Don't know if you had any luck in finding mother and baby/toddler groups? We have just moved to Malta and are now living in Marsascala. I Have a two and a half year old son and would love find a toddlers group for him (and me!).

If anyone has any advice on toddler stuff, places to go etc it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks! Very Happy

ps I think we will be heading off to the adventure park at Ta Qali on Sunday morning - if anyone fancies coming along, we would love to see you there...
Have you signed up for the British Expat newsletter?
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • kyluna 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi there mumbles!

Im looking for some myself however my wee one just turned five months today so im not even sure if she would qualify!
I live in the san gwann area, not too sure how near that is to you but if I get any good info I will forward it on.

How are you finding Malta so far?

Ky
Can't decide when to time your currency exchange transaction? Let OzForex help!
  • Mark post as unread
  • jojo76 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
hi. if you type in 'mum and baby clubs malta' ul get some good info.

there is one in marsascala: [deleted], though i've never been to it myself.

there is also one in swatar, near mater dei hospital or the university. i think d sessions last year used to be held on thursday mornings between 10 and 12 or 10.30 and 12.30. it's usually a nice small group and i used to enjoy it. just type in 'mama knows malta' in your search engine and you'll get more info.

there's also one in swieqi / ta' l-ibragg. this is close enough to san gwann, (and not so close to marsascala). though distances are so short that i used to go to it myself, and i'm from zejtun, in the south, near marsascala. this one is held on tuesdays, i think between 10 and 12 or 10.30 and 12.30. it's right opposite the main church in ta' l-ibragg (swieqi, which is v close to st julians), so if you ask for directions you'll hopefully find it. it's quite a busy one and incredibly cheap, something like 20 euros for a whole year. if you go on tuesday, ul find it right opposite the church, and will see an open door with a gate to stop the kids getting out. you can just go in... if you go half an hour late after the groups started you'll see lots of kids and mothers inside.

otherwise there are the cana groups held in many localities. these specify that the child should b over 1 and a half years, though i think it depends on the actual group since the one i go to have children who are 1yr old. the other groups i mentioned above accept all young ages. also, the cana groups may be mainly maltese speaking depending on the area you join. i would imagine that in st julians and such areas it would also be mainly english speaking. the other groups mentioned above do speak english too, esp the ta' l-bragg/swieqi one which is actually practically completely english speaking. when you type in 'mum and baby clubs malta' in google search engine the first web site actually gives quite detailed info on the cana group child clubs in malta.

i hope this helps... Smile
If you're going to buy or book online, please help British Expat by using our affiliate links!
  • Mark post as unread
  • kyluna 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi jojo76

Thanks so much for all that info! Il be popping round to the one near san gwann for sure.

It will be nice to get to speak to some other mothers and now that my wee one is not too too wee it will be good for her to hang out with other mini-me's. To be honest I will prob get more out of it right now than her!

Thanks again for taking the time to do such a detailed reply Very Happy
Subscribe to British Expat today to get the most out of our great community.
  • Mark post as unread
  • gozomark 
  • Site Admin 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi jojo76, and welcome to the forum Smile

I've deleted the weblink you posted - as you will have seen from the posting guidelines, we ask new members not to post links. As it happens the link was dead anyway.

We are happy for you to post details of non-profit making groups, but not of for-profit ones, as it deprives the site of potential advertising income.
Show your support for Gozo SPCA by joining them on Facebook
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • jojo76 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
hi kyluna,
it's a pleasure. i hope u find it and enjoy it Smile. if not i'd b glad to give more detailed directions to the place. am sure u'l meet a lot of mums there and even find out about some other mum and baby clubs since when i used to go some mums used to take their kids to more than one club... i checked on it and it and it actually starts at 10am and not 10.30 after all.
Enjoy Smile
Fixing up a house for sale? HouseWiz can help!
  • Mark post as unread
  • newtomalta 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
I found this on Malta Baby and Kids...
Product ReviewsCompetitionsAsk the ExpertsGeneral ArticlesNewsBookmark This PageContact usGuestbookCelebrity InterviewsWelcome to kidsmalta.com
26 / 6 / 2011
A-Z Directory Listings
What's On for Kids
Courses for Parents
Shopping Directory
Health Issues
Child Care Facilities
Schooling
Sports and Fitness
Fuel Their Creativity
Fun & Leisure
Summer Activities
Organising a Party
Financial Planning
Government Services
Adopting a Child in Malta
Dealing with Disability
Visiting Malta

I'm Looking for:

Mother and Baby Clubs
HOME GO BACK

There are several Mother and Baby clubs available in Malta, the main ones being those operated by the Cana Movement. The aim of these clubs is to help parents find the support they need and feel self confident in being able to face all the difficulties throughout the childhood period.

Mother and Baby Club - Cana Movement
The Mother and Baby Club offers services such as Playgroups for children between the ages of one and a half years up to three years. These children must always be accompanied by an adult.

'Get togethers' are organized regularly to our members, their relaatives and friends. In these 'get togethers', professional guest speakers are invited to give educational talks.

A Christmas Party is organized annually for our young members.

We also organize Easter and Summer outings to various interesting places, where the whole family can relax and enjoy itself together.

Mother's Day is a special occasion for the Club. Mass is celebrated at the Addolorata Cemetary Chapel for the repose of departed mothers. Committee members visit new mothers in hospital.

More about the Playgroups

Check out the list of other Mother & Baby Clubs in Malta

The main aim of these playgroups is to create an adequate environment, where parents find the much needed support to deal positively with difficulties encountered during the upbringing of children. At the same time, the children themselves have the opportunity to play and learn with other children.

A child has a natural desire to learn. He is eager to observe and discover the world around him. With a curious mind, he is excited to explore. With a growing body and mind, he runs with open arms to embrace each new adventure.

As he plays, he learns. Learning through play happens naturally. And the parents' involvement with their young children's learning process, provides the best setting in which the young mind thrives.

Therefore such playgroups, besides their social aspect, create a great opportunity where the physical, mental and emotional aspects are skilfully co-ordinated.

Interested in joining the Playgroups?
Presently, the Mother and Baby Club has twelve playgroups around the island. Details of these playgroups are given hereunder:

Locality Day Person Telephone
St Julians
Monday and
Wednesday
Joyce Camenzuli 21360710

Lija Friday Linda Ellul Bonici 21371728

Mosta
Tuesday
Wednesday
Sandra Cini
Tanya Cortis

Paola
Tuesday
Friday
Josette Grech
Maria Buttigieg

Zebbug Tuesday Antoinette Muscat 21463712

Zejtun Tuesday Grace Zerafa 21673477

Zurrieq
Tuesday
Wednesday
Carmen Sacco
Marianne Scerri

Naxxar
Wednesday and
Friday
Isabelle Agius

Rabat, Malta
Tuesday and
Wednesday
Maria Agius 21451130

Ste Venera Tuesday Dorielle Zerafa 21414594

These playgroups are held once a week and are of a two-hour duration. They start from October and go on up to June. The fee is €14 for those who are members, and €18.65 for non-members. There is a membership fee of €7 annually.

Want to become a member?
Anyone willing to volunteer, may join as members and become committee members after six months of membership.

For more information, kindly phone Mrs. Mariella Busuttil on Tel: 21431990 or Fax: 21424106.
Read the British newspapers online!
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Top-selling Amazon paperbacks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.