flight insurance for the trip to Oz

Here's where to post about travelling through Oz other than by car. (Please use the "Driving in Oz" forum for posts about motoring.)

flight insurance for the trip to Oz

Postby johnmitz » Thu 23 Feb 2006 14:44

:lol:
Hi, new to the B.E.F so excuse any mistakes I make!
One quick question, we have had our visas granted (after an agonising 12 months wait) and are flying out in early march 2006. the problem i am finding is getting the flight insurance for my family and i, all the companies i have tried so far will only insure you if you are taking a flight that returns you to the uk.
does anyone know a way around this? or know of any companies or sites we can check out for the insurance?

help would be appreciated.

ta....
johnmitz

Postby SSue » Fri 24 Feb 2006 23:37

Welcome to BE John, and congratulations on getting your visa, at last.

Sadly I can't help with your query, but I'd have thought that your travel agent could sort this out for you. Have they left you to fend for yourselves? When you book an overseas trip from Aus, the agent arranges the whole kit and caboodle, and you just pay the bill!

I'd be letting them earn their crust.........one less job for you to do. :lol:

Hope everything else runs smoothly.

SSue 8)
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

insurance for flight to Oz

Postby johnmitz » Sat 25 Feb 2006 08:30

:?
Thanks SSue
Thats the trouble with trying to do everything yourself!, booked the flights over the internet, think I have found a company now though, so we will soon be on our way, watch out Perth!

keep up the great forum, only found it a week or so ago, am now recommending it to all those that I know are going to Oz..

regards
john
johnmitz

Postby SSue » Sat 25 Feb 2006 11:48

Thanks John, I'm always pleased to hear that we're being of use. :D

...booked the flights over the internet...

Ok, now I get the picture :roll: Hope this company works out then. I'm sure you'll enjoy Perth, it's a very nice place.

Let us know how things are going, etc.

SSue 8)
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Return to Flights and travel