travel insurance for visiting uk

Here's where to post about travelling through Oz other than by car. (Please use the "Driving in Oz" forum for posts about motoring.)

travel insurance for visiting uk

Postby DaveSant » Sun 13 Nov 2011 00:28

Hi all,

I'm travelling back to the UK later this month for a well earned vacation. I'm looking for some advice on travel insurance as it seems awfully expensive when considering that the family would still be covered by the NHS.

Are there any insurance companies that take into account that you are a citizen of the country that your are visiting?

Or am I being naive ??
DaveSant

Postby Dave » Sun 13 Nov 2011 02:57

I shouldn't think they'd take citizenship as a criterion for setting their prices.

It seems to me that you need to find a company that insures on an à la carte basis - where you choose what you want to be covered for, and pay accordingly. So you opt in for things like rescheduled or cancelled flights, or loss or theft of property, but choose not to have medical cover.

I'm not aware of any companies that offer this. But it may be worth asking companies even if they don't actively promote travel insurance without medical cover. Good luck, anyway.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Re: travel insurance for visiting uk

Postby Trev » Sun 20 Nov 2011 08:36

DaveSant wrote: when considering that the family would still be covered by the NHS.

If you have been out of the country for some time NHS coverage might have ceased. Worth checking on.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Trev
Supporter

Return to Flights and travel