Acuario Hospital

Here's the place to talk about issues relating to family and pets, such as having a baby in Spain or bringing your dog to Spain.

Acuario Hospital

Postby KateP » Sat 18 Aug 2007 18:45

Hi Caroig,

Thank you for agreeing to answer some of my questions about Acuario Hospital, it is really appreciated. I have had 2 babies in NHS hospitals in the UK and had 1 bad experience and 1 good 1 so I guess it is often the luck of which hospital you go to. I do want to explore the possibility of Acuario though so any thoughts would be great.

Have you had your whole antenatel care with Acuario?

What scans/bloodtests/general check ups do they offer?

Do they have an English speaking midwife or doctor there? I do speak a little Spanish but worry it is not enough to get me through a pregnancy & a birth!

Hmm, I guess unfortunately one of the most important questions is do you have any ideas on fees? Don't worry if you don't or can't answer this one, I will find out when they contact me. I don't think I can get private cover now that I am already pregnant so we will have to pay ourselves if we choose this route.

This one isn't Acuario related but do you know of any English midwifes who work at any hospitals in Valencia or do you know how I may go about finding out?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, it all just seems so daunting right now, what with moving country, transferring our business and now having another baby!! I'm sure it will all come together soon...it's all in the planning!

Thanks again,

Kate
KateP
Free member

Re: Acuario Hospital

Postby caroig » Sat 18 Aug 2007 23:18

KateP wrote:Have you had your whole antenatel care with Acuario?
What scans/bloodtests/general check ups do they offer?

Hi Kate,
We had our first baby in Acuario 2 years ago now and the 2nd is due next month - my partner's the fat one. :)
Our insurance covered the delivery, but we have a great health centre in the village and my partner's gone there for birth preparation and some of the standards test, glucose levels etc.
Her gynecologist is at Acuario. He does all the scans except for the nucal fold scan for which we went to a hospital in Valencia.
This time round 'we' had an amnio - again in Valencia.

Do they have an English speaking midwife or doctor there?

There is an English midwife at the centre and I suspect our gynecologist speaks English but I don't know for sure.

Hmm, I guess unfortunately one of the most important questions is do you have any ideas on fees?

The documentaryI mentioned previously suggested that the cost was 3.000€.

do you know of any English midwifes who work at any hospitals in Valencia

I know that they have another hospital in Valencia and if we were living in either Valencia or closer to Denia, we could arrange for a home birth. I'd give them a ring and ask to speak to Rachel - she's the midwife.

We had a great birth (easy for me to say, but I know my partner would agree), the whole environment was very friendly and supportive and really let us decide exactly what we wanted, with support just when we needed.

They do run a weekend course both in Spanish and English for expecting couples which was not only great fun, but invaluable - have a look at it.

Good luck!
www.camposdenijar.com - Some of Spain's most beautiful, unspoilt beaches. House rental in Cabo de Gata National Park
caroig
Supporter

Postby KateP » Sun 19 Aug 2007 18:40

Hi Caroig,

Thanks a lot for that information, it sounds lovely there. I will definately visit it when we arrive.

Good luck to you & your partner for baby number 2!

Cheers,

Kate
KateP
Free member

Return to Family and pets