pet kennels

What are the rules? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

pet kennels

Postby ken40 » Sat 03 Nov 2007 20:40

hi
My wife is thinking of opening kennels in bulgaria and she is looking for some fedback about the idea
ken40
Free member

PET KENNELS

Postby Dave Smith » Sun 11 Nov 2007 15:28

What area is your Wife thinking of for the Kennel idea?
Dave Smith

Postby ken40 » Sun 11 Nov 2007 16:16

she will be covering most of bulgaria
ken40
Free member

Postby Milen » Tue 11 Dec 2007 15:17

Hi Ken40,

My sincere opinion is that if your wife start making Kennels in Bulgaria, most of the Bulgarians won't buy them. As a Bulgarian my observation is that a Bulgarian with house and a dog would make a Kennel by his own, rather than buy one.

On the other hand, if a Bulgarian is not skilled enough to make a Kennel by his own, he will order such to a carpenter.

Of course this is my opinion. You can ask someone else about this idea.

Cheers,
Milen
Milen
Free member

kennels

Postby mikeyandsheila » Sun 16 Dec 2007 16:46

Hi, there are already kennels in Bulgaria, Near yambol. Its run by a british couple who are very nice, at the moment they have my two kittens there as im back in scotland for xmas.
Its a very good idea as lots of brits who have animal, and i know that most that have moved over end up with cats and dogs due to the amount of strays out there, would use kennels.
Ive now moved over to bulgaria to stay and im in the process of buying my house, been there 6 weeks now.
I intend to open up a cattery when i get it all sorted and moved in.
mikeyandsheila

Boarding Kennels & Cattery

Postby ken40 » Thu 20 Dec 2007 19:25

Hi Milen
I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. It is boarding kennels and cattery for dogs and cats to be cared for while their owner is away on holiday etc. We are a scottish couple who have rescued 4 dogs since we came to Bulgaria and are really shocked by the amount of street dogs here and also the dead dogs that you see at the side of the road it is so heart breaking. This comment is from Ken's wife.
ken40
Free member

Postby cartrans » Mon 31 Mar 2008 11:18

Hi

There does seem to be a shortage of kennels in Bulgaria for the Brits. There is a new one just opening near Bourgas for anyone interested.

Regards
cartrans

Postby Katastrofee » Wed 07 May 2008 16:56

Is there any more news on the kennels near Bourgas?

Thanks,

Kat
Katastrofee
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 09 May 2008 08:38

Postings which contain advertising or touting for business have been removed from this thread.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Kay
Site Admin

Dog Boarding

Postby scotcouple » Tue 28 Oct 2008 08:35

There is supposed to be a couple who started one in Elhovo but as yet i havent been able to get information. I know the one near Yambol is fully booked for xmas and has been for a while.
personally i think its a great idea perhaps somewhere near Elhovo or down that end.
I know id certainly use it, we've got 3 dogs one engliah one and 2 Bulgarian side of the road ones lol.
NOW theres def no MORE
scotcouple
Free member

Kennels near Dryanovo

Postby AlecH » Tue 06 Jan 2009 09:03

Hi,

Friends of ours have also opened a boarding kennels near Dryanovo and do a great job, I know many people who use them. I think the difference here is that the clients dogs spend most of their day out in the enclosed garden with the owners own dogs and in the evening have a secure kennel compound.
Alec
AlecH
Free member

Return to Working in Bulgaria