We want to come and live in the NZ can someone help...

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

We want to come and live in the NZ can someone help...

Postby scrummy » Mon 14 Jul 2008 19:41

Hi all :
My family and I would love to come and live in NZ, we have both passed the embassy regulations. However, they dropped a bomb shell on me saying I need a job offer before being granted a visa or permanent residenancy.

I dont mind where we live in NZ ideally a small bit of land with a 3 bed house. I have City and Guilds pt's 1 & 2 in car repairs and 20 years Experience but without proof of the work I have done it's hard to convince them...My partner is quilified upto NVQ level 3 in the care field and is still currently doing so.

Does anyone have similar issues or expiriences to share ?
I really want to come over as I have set my heart on it now.
Seems a little mad that I need to come into NZ for an interview after flying in from the UK to be turned down a job offer !!!

That process could go on for months....
How do us UK'ers go about the process ???

Many thanks (New User ) :(
scrummy

Postby kevins » Fri 18 Jul 2008 22:55

Hi Scrummy
You would need to get your qualifications assessed by the NZQA, and written references from past employers - as a start, get as much done as you possibly can - then use the job sites to see if you can find a job, if it is a trade that is in demand you will have no problems getting a job offer - but Kiwi lads are mad on cars - so you might struggle in that dept - your wife might have a better chance. The other alternative is to buy a business and get in that way.
I got on a plane and flew here for two weeks - did 4 interviews and managed to get a job offer. Check out recruitment agencies for both of you - and see if they can help.

Kevin
Glad to be here
kevins
Free member

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals