What electrics work?

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

What electrics work?

Postby petsar68 » Tue 31 Jan 2006 15:30

I am sure this has been asked a million times but i cant find a definate answer. Could someone please tell me what items will work from the UK.
I dont want to have adapters all over the place but would happily change a plug if thats all that is needed.
Thanks in advance.
petsar68
Free member

Postby harlowfamily » Wed 01 Feb 2006 00:03

We brought all of our electrical stuff with us and just changed plugs. The only things that didn't work were the TV's but these can be used through SKY digital. However, I would advise selling as much as possible and buying again out here - even second hand though the auctions if need be, as if something goes wrong UK fridges etc they are hard to get parts to fix.
Most NZ houses leave cookers/ ovens/ dishwashers as part of the fixtures and fittings so I wouldn't bring these either.
Good luck with your move.
Alison
harlowfamily
Free member

Postby hawkins930 » Wed 22 Mar 2006 08:09

My advice to anyone coming out here, is pretty much bring everything. we were advised that TVs would nt work and so we held off buying one at home. However, we had a small fairly new TV (less than a year old) and in fact it did work over here and it was possible to tune it in without using Sky or any adaptor.
hawkins930
Free member

Telephones???

Postby Yorkshireman » Sat 13 May 2006 04:46

Did you bring your telephones over?

I want to buy one from the UK if they work, as my personal taste in phones doesn't quite stretch the the overpriced Batcave style tat in the shops here.

Don't get me wrong, been here seven months love the place to bits... just want a phone that was designed by a grownup

Anyone who has braught a phone over from the UK and got it working OK let me know
Yorkshireman

Postby nissan314 » Sun 13 May 2007 18:51

hi yorkshireman, we are in the uk and with O2 here. when we were in nz we went to any vodaphone store and they will give you a sim card for about $10 so you can use your mobile but with a new nz mobile number. we found it cheaper than using international roaming. so before you go to nz get a decent moby and when you can in nz get a new sim card. therefore style and useage wont be an issue.
be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. I DID!!!
nissan314
Free member

Re: What electrics work?

Postby bill234 » Mon 05 Jul 2010 12:43

air conditioning florida provide the best solution in HVAC in air conditioner
bill234

Return to ICT & Electrical