Where to relocate from soggy England!

Here's a place to talk about how to choose an area in France which will suit you.

Where to relocate from soggy England!

Postby Feathers2 » Mon 23 Jul 2007 14:53

We are currently in soggy flooded England, would like to relocate to France - south of the Loire - possibly Cher or Indre, or perhaps Vendee. As France is "a land of rivers" I would be grateful for any advice on suitable locations to explore within these areas...
Be happy!
Feathers2

Postby ruggie » Mon 23 Jul 2007 18:04

You've chosen a good place to start. Note that French climate has more to do with altitude and how far you are from the sea than with how far north or south you are. For example, the Limousin gets quite cold in winter (periods of minus 10 are common, and we've had minus 14 some winters) and hot in summer (we had several days over 40 last year, but the only time we've topped 30 so far this year was in April...)

The best idea is to visit in winter and in summer to get an idea what the place is like in and out of season.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
ruggie
Supporter

Post Subject: Where to relocate from soggy England...

Postby Feathers2 » Wed 25 Jul 2007 13:25

Thank you Ruggie - I will certainly bear your comments in mind.

Any other advice anyone? Am particularly anxious to avoid flood plains etc., within the regions I mentioned...
Be happy!
Feathers2

Return to Choosing an area