Paris? What area to live in?

Here's a place to talk about how to choose an area in France which will suit you.

Paris? What area to live in?

Postby Kerfuddled » Sun 13 Sep 2009 10:21

Hello

I have a question about living in Paris. I have an interview later this week for a school in Montmartre, however when I googled this area it says that it isnt such a great place! Full of pick pockets, prostitution and crime, and that it was very dangerous. Is this true?

It looks beautiful! If I am sucessful the school will arange my accomodation, which I assume will be in Montmartre to be close to the school. But if it isnt a great place to live then I would negotiate for an apartment in a different area and travel to work.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Linda
Kerfuddled

Postby ruggie » Sat 19 Sep 2009 18:35

You don't have to live very close to the school. Get yourself a Paris Metro map and see what's easy to reach without having to change lines more than once. Anyway, the people at the school will be able to tell you where most of the staff live. The French government subsidises workers' metro/bus season tickets, too.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Choosing an area