Bordeaux. looking for expats and friends in the area

Planning an event, or want to publicise a regular meeting of expats in your area? Please post the details here! (NB You may post dates and venues and details of the event. However, adverts for other websites will be deleted, whether or not they are commercial ventures. If you want an advert, we have plenty of opportunities for you to buy one. Thanks.)

Bordeaux. looking for expats and friends in the area

Postby stardj » Fri 11 Jan 2008 18:21

Hi there

I am british guy seriously thinking about selling up and oving to Bordeaux in the near future. I am looking for expats who live in Bordeaux for friendship and advice to move over there. I am a chef for a living so would like to work ideally in a Irish bar/rest untill my French improves. Does anyone have any tips on the lifestlye there, cost of living, appartments etc. would love to hear from you? Been to Bordeuax a few times and love it there. get in touch even to say hi and share experiences

Paul :D
stardj

Postby ruggie » Fri 11 Jan 2008 19:04

Good luck, Paul. It's a while since I've been to Bordeaux, but I like the place. It has some excellent French restaurants, much cheaper than the equivalent Paris ones. I don't know anything about expat-run places, but there must be a few.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Events and making friends