BOV - Sterling and/or LM accounts......

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

BOV - Sterling and/or LM accounts......

Postby Ginger » Mon 05 Jun 2006 15:47

I've managed to get the go ahead to open an account with BOV, references etc have been cleared so all I have to do is sign at the branch on my next trip to open the account.
I opted for Lm currency account on the form but am told that I should also have a GBP sterling account at the branch as you can only transfer electronically from a UK account in GBP to Malta.
I'm also told that as for the Lm account, if my husband works then we will NOT be able to put a cheque written in Lm into the BOV unless you have residency (ie you can only import funds from outside Malta into the account not money earned by working or sale of something in Malta).
I'm confused :?
Gotta get outta here......
Ginger
Free member

Hi Ginger

Postby Moodyblue » Wed 07 Mar 2007 15:22

I currently transfer sterling to France and the UK bank sends it as Euros. There may some restriction on sending LM but Malta should be in the Euro zone by next Jan.
The World is Fine as Seen through Wine
Moodyblue
Free member

Postby Moodyblue » Tue 15 May 2007 10:32

Update: I have just started transferring GB Pounds to a Malta Liri account and didn't appear to have any problem with that. At least I haven't heard from the HSBC so assume there was no problem. I will update again if there was!! :)
The World is Fine as Seen through Wine
Moodyblue
Free member

Return to Money matters