national bank of malta?

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

national bank of malta?

Postby raph » Fri 13 Oct 2006 03:26

Is there a national bank of Malta or something similar? alternatively what is the leadng bank of Malta plse?
thanks
raph
rapha
raph
Free member

Postby peterj » Wed 18 Oct 2006 13:31

Hi Raph

I assume that you are talking about retail banking. If so I would say that the "largest" - mainly judged by number of branches - banks appear to be the Bank Of Valetta and HSBC. Don't know whether this necessarily makes them any better than the other couple of smaller ones (APS and Lombard). I may have missed some.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Peter
peterj
Free member

banks

Postby raph » Wed 18 Oct 2006 15:05

Thanks Peter. Bank of Valletta will be the one I would want. That's a great help.
Raph
rapha
raph
Free member

Postby Moodyblue » Tue 15 May 2007 11:11

Hello again. I have posted this in various parts of the site but, as this thread is directly to do with choice of banks I will add it here too. I know HSBC charge to receive money from abroad into an account in Malta, and they also charge 3% penalty if you pay off a mortgage early. I initially chose HSBC but now have accounts with APS bank. They do not charge to receive money from abroad and do not charge a penalty to pay off a mortgage early. Also, they quoted 0.25% lower interest on a mortgage than HSBC. Hope this helps. :D
The World is Fine as Seen through Wine
Moodyblue
Free member

Return to Money matters