Registering with inland revenue

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Registering with inland revenue

Postby deepwater1 » Tue 26 Nov 2013 21:48

We are retired here in Gozo and have ID and residence permits and applied for the new e-residence. We are self supporting, is it advisable to register with the tax office even though we pay our tax in the UK and if so can it be done at the tax office in Victoria. We have been here for just over 1 year.
Premium Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed 01 Aug 2012 19:22
Location: Gozo

Postby gozomark » Wed 27 Nov 2013 06:34

Yes, if you reside in Malta for more than 6 months in a calender year you have to fill in a tax return. You can register in Gozo. You will be liable to taxation on any income you bring into Malta, but can offset tax already paid in the UK
Site Admin
Posts: 14215
Joined: Sun 20 Aug 2006 18:35
Location: Republic of Gozo

Postby FOXGLOVE » Wed 27 Nov 2013 06:58

I took our tax registration forms (downloadable) into the tax office in Gozo and they simply said they would send them off in the post to Malta.We have heard nothing since, that was about 2 months ago!

Ray :brickwall:
Free member
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon 04 Jun 2012 19:11
Location: Gharb

Return to Money matters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests