Kay & Dave in Penang

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Kay & Dave in Penang

Postby Mike » Sat 27 Nov 2004 19:25

Well, where do you post something like this?

I'm a background person - you could count my thread-starts on the fingers of one thumb.

But I feel moved to break cover.

In case you've forgotten, or in case you never knew, the reason these Fora exist is BritishExpat.com. Yes. folks, there really is a serious website behind these fora.

Shame on you if you're not a step ahead of me!

IMHO Kay's Penang travel stuff ranks among the best on BE. H*ll, we even have clickable thumbs!

Okay, I know it's a bit naff to do back-patting in full public view. but it's merited.

This is only a taster

http://www.britishexpat.com/travelguide ... g_tour.htm

Go to the main site for the rest.

And remember, BE is only as good as it's contributors. So if ever there was a gauntlet thrown down . . . :twisted:

Mike
(looking to his Prunus Laurocerasus)
Mike
Supporter

Postby chabrenas » Sat 27 Nov 2004 20:58

if ever there was a gauntlet thrown down . . .

OK, Mike. I'll pick it up in due course. Give me a couple of weeks or so.
Nice to see that Kay has at last been using that camera - to good effect. Her spell as a journo left its mark.
Did you know that espadrilles were worn by footsoldiers in the XIIIth century?
http://www.squidoo.com/ropeysoles#module6162145
chabrenas
Free member

Postby Kay » Sun 28 Nov 2004 10:04

Wow, thanks for the compliments!

I didn't really rate the piece very highly. I wasn't very enthused by Penang and I think it shows. It's much more fun to write about something or somewhere one has found inspiring. Even so, I hope it may be useful to anyone who plans to visit.

We're planning another visit and will be able to fill in some of the blanks, such as a visit to the museum.

Thanks anyway for the encouragement. I'm planning to do a lot more writing for the site now things have settled down a bit.

Kay :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Wed 01 Dec 2004 03:03

Kay wrote: It's much more fun to write about something or somewhere one has found inspiring.

I couldn't agree more. It's harder to write about something/somewhere uninspiring, but it's equally important to do so. Whether you just post on BE, or write it up for the Conde Nastes of this world, telling it like it is is so important.

Fitivver, you did it so well 8)

Mike
Mike
Supporter

Return to Chinwags